Accommodation - University of Leeds

Apply for Accommodation

When to apply?

You can apply for accommodation after 1st November once you've selected Leeds as your firm choice through UCAS. You'll need either your UCAS personal ID number or your University of Leeds Student ID number, which you can find on your offer letter (or on most correspondence from your department).

If you're a taught postgraduate student or a research postgraduate student starting in September or October, you can apply after 1st November, once you accept an offer (conditional or unconditional). If you're a research postgraduate student starting at any other time of the year you should apply for your accommodation at least two months before you are due to start at the University.

If you are an exchange student starting in January 2017 you can apply for accommodation from 1 November until 1 December. Make sure you follow the correct link on the 'Apply now' page.

If you are an exchange student starting in September 2017 or January 2018, you can apply as soon as you receive notification from the Study Abroad office.  


  1. Our guarantee
  2. When to apply?
  3. Who can apply?
  4. Apply for accommodation
  5. What happens next?