Accommodation - University of Leeds

Family Housing

University owned properties

University of Leeds' properties offer the independence you would expect to find in the private sector, but with all the benefits of being owned by the University of Leeds, providing for your welfare, safety and security needs, at reasonable rent prices and with a quality assurance that all our accommodation meets the approved Code of Standards. University managed accommodation comprises:

Mixture of traditional large terraced houses or flat conversions

One, two or three bedroom flats

Many properties conveniently located on campus and close to shops and schools

Water charges and internet access included in rents

On street parking at most properties


The size and layout of the properties vary, some have one bedroom and are suitable for a couple or a couple with a baby; others have two to three bedrooms, suitable for a couple with two to three children. We also have some studio apartments, with a lounge/bedroom.


All properties have bathroom facilities and a kitchen, complete with cookers and a fridge/freezer. Some also have a lounge.

Utility bills

The rent you pay includes your water payments, but in most properties you will have to pay for gas and electric separately.


For your convenience, the majority of our properties are very close to campus.

Contract length

University contracts initially last until June in the year you move in. You can stay over the summer and the following year, or until your course finishes (provided you pay your rent), but the contract end date must always be June or September.

Contractual details

For University of Leeds properties, you can sign your contract immediately and return it to us, together with a £260 deposit. Your deposit will be returned to you when you leave the property, minus any outstanding costs

Your welfare

In University of Leeds family accommodation, you have access to your warden (a member of University staff), to whom you can turn to for advice or for help sorting out any problems. Besides your warden, you have the support of the International Student Office for further information. The International student office can help you with placing your children in local schools, visa, services for partners of students and more.

  1. General Information
  2. How to apply
  3. University owned properties
  4. Unipol properties