Accommodation - University of Leeds

Returning next year


About your contract
If you accept the contract and pay a deposit for a place in University accommodation, you are liable for the specified contract length. If you then decide to live elsewhere, you will still be liable for the rent, unless we can fill your room. We will only fill your room after all other vacancies have been filled, and therefore the earlier you make your request, the more likely it is that we will be able to help you. If you leave your course, please contact us as soon as possible and ensure you have read our contract terms and conditions. The 2017/18 instalment plan will not be available until July 2017 - provided you have accepted your contract and paid your deposit within the 4 days, your room will be secured. We will contact you nearer the time to remind you to set it up.

Contract lengths
Contracts for self-catered residences are usually for 42 weeks. This means that you don’t have to pay rent over the summer when you return home. If you need summer accommodation, please contact us to find out what we have to offer.
Contracts for catered residences are 39 weeks (you will not be able to extend the contract after this). Please note that meals and other services are not provided during the University Christmas and Easter vacation times.

Resits or year abroad/in industry
If you will be doing resits over the summer, you must tell us as soon as you know.
If you are hoping to do a year abroad or year in industry but this has not yet been confirmed, you must tell us when you apply.

Short-term contracts
If you know that you will only be in Leeds for one semester or two terms, for example if you are going on an Erasmus exchange, we may be able to offer you a short-term contract. Please put full details on your application form. We can only offer you a short-term contract if your course requires it.
If you will be in Leeds for one semester, we will usually be able to house you with friends who are here for the full year.
If you will be in Leeds for 2 terms, and will leave to do a 3rd term abroad, we will need to house you with other students who need the same length contract. This year, we will have 2 term contracts (ie until the start of the Easter break) at Lupton, Oxley, Liberty Dock, Leodis, Montague Burton and Sentinel Towers.

Family accommodation
If you need accommodation for your partner and/or children you should ask at the Accommodation Office for a family application form, but please bear in mind that spaces are very limited. Please refer to our Postgraduate Students and Family Housing web pages.

  1. General Information
  2. Provisional Costs 2017/18
  3. Contracts