Feeling secure in how we live with others has never been more important. Coronavirus (covid-19) is creating a “new normal” where we are all even more mindful of our own safety and wellbeing, as well as that of the people around us.
At the University of Leeds, we are taking steps to create an environment where you will feel confident, relaxed and safe. They will include:
- arrangements that will allow you to enjoy a high standard of accommodation in our residences with effective measures put in place to enable social distancing
- a staggered and contactless arrivals process
- tailored welcome and induction events, training, guidance and support to keep you safe and well
- enhanced support from our dedicated ‘Residence Life’ team who are developing new online, telephone and face-to-face services to meet your needs
- a range of activities (in-person and virtual) to ensure that you are still able to make new friends and socialise in a safe and enjoyable way
- extra cleaning activity with hand sanitiser made widely available in our halls of residence
The University of Leeds will guarantee accommodation to 1st year undergraduate students not coming to Leeds through clearing who apply for accommodation before 1 July 2020, so please apply before that date if you can. It is only when you accept your accommodation offer that you will be entering into a legally binding contract for the period of the offer, please visit accepting your offer for further information.
Please be reassured that the accommodation contract terms you will be asked to accept will provide a degree of flexibility in the event that your start at University is delayed, or if your studies are interrupted.
Your safety is our top priority. Find out below how we are making sure that our residences will be as safe as possible:
- Clean, hygienic spaces
- Safe practices
- Social distancing
- Help when you need it
- Staying connected
- Flexible accommodation contract dates
- Hand sanitiser stations will be installed in reception and common areas.
- Communal areas and shared bathrooms will be cleaned more frequently as required. Special attention will be given to the cleaning of obvious touch points around residences such as door handles, lift panels and reception area furniture.
- We will continually monitor government guidance and advice, and we will introduce additional cleaning services if required.
- Once you move into your flat you will become part of a new student household. Please be considerate and look after one another to create a household and an environment where you will feel comfortable and secure together.
- Residences team members will be contactable at all times if you need any advice or assistance. They will ensure that appropriate social distancing guidelines are followed in your residence.
- You will be given a virtual welcome talk that will give you advice on safely social distancing within your residence.
- There will be guidance and signage to help you follow social distancing in all of our residences.
- Where possible spaces will be reconfigured to support social distancing and in all residences, signage will be visible to help you safely move around and use communal areas of your halls.
- Social spaces for example gyms, games rooms, cinemas, lounges and study spaces will be opened with social distancing in mind.
- There will be residences team members contactable at all times, meaning there’s always going to be someone on hand to help.
- There will be virtual welcome talks to tell you all you need to know about life in residences, and to give you more information on how to safely follow social distancing within your halls.
- Our dedicated Residence Life team will provide personalised online, telephone and face-to-face services to support you in situations when you might need some tailored help to manage a problem like reporting illness or taking care of yourself if you can’t go out.
- Residence Life team members will make personal contact with students who might need extra support whilst living in our residences.
- The Student Counselling and Wellbeing Service will offer free professional and confidential counselling, wellbeing, and mental health support if you need their help.
- The University's Security Service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year. They offer crime prevention advice, patrol the campus and residences and respond to alarms and emergencies.
- We will provide tailored welcome and induction events, training, guidance and support for you.
- Our Residence Life team are developing new online, telephone and face-to-face services to meet your needs.
- A range of activities (in person and virtual) are planned to ensure that you will still be able to make new friends and socialise in a safe and enjoyable way.
- We will offer flat-based social activities like ‘Big Night In’ events that’ll provide opportunity for virtual activities and competitions between flats and flat teams.
- We want you to feel supported by our Residence Life team and most importantly, we want you to have fun.
- If the start of your course is postponed, the University will contact you to let you know. If this happens, please get in touch with email@example.com to advise the new date that you will need your accommodation from. In these circumstances we will amend your contract dates so that you only have to pay for the new agreed occupancy period.