Leaving the University

If you withdraw from your course, you must give us 8 weeks’ notice in writing of your intention to leave your accommodation.

You must also:

  • Hand in a copy of your completed Leavers’ Form to Accommodation Services. (You get the Leavers’ Form from your department.)
  • Return your keys to the office in your residence.

If you have done these things, we will release you from your contract after the 8 weeks (or earlier if a replacement is found). You will usually be charged a £50 administration fee.

In certain circumstances you may be able to remain in residence – contact Accommodation Services for more information.