After careful consideration of the new government guidance on essential travel within England, we are advising that you can return to your accommodation to collect any belongings you may have left in your room from Monday 1 June. Please check current government advice before travelling.
We will use an appointment booking system to limit the number of people arriving at our residences at any one time, so that everyone can observing social distancing and stay safe. Booking slots are available over a number of weeks, so there is plenty of time for you to come whenever is most convenient. To help us safely manage the collections process, you will need to book a slot at least 5 days ahead.
- If you live at a University of Leeds managed residence you will have received an email from us containing a booking link. If you have not received this please email email@example.com, or use the booking links at the bottom of this page.
- If you live in a partner-managed site, your accommodation provider will have been in touch to advise on the collection process. If you have not received this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access outside of these booking slots cannot be guaranteed, and in the interests of public health we must strictly limit the people on site to two people per booking slot in one vehicle. Once you book you will be emailed an e-ticket, please bring this with you (electronically is fine).
When you do come to collect your belongings it’s really important that you follow social distancing guidelines at all times. There will be information visible throughout our residences to help you, but please remember these key points:
- Maintain a 2m distance from anyone that is not part of your household wherever possible
- Make frequent use of hand-washing or sanitising facilities provided
- Avoid touching surfaces unless absolutely necessary
- Observe all directional signage in place
If you don’t think you will be able to collect your belongings before the original contract end date, please contact your residence as soon as possible. Endsleigh insurance (who provide contents insurance for your room as part of your accommodation contract) will continue to provide cover for the belongings in your room until the original end date of your contract.
When you’re packing, if there are any items you don’t want to take with you then please consider donating them to the British Heart Foundation charity. Please pick up a British Heart Foundation donation bag which will be available at your residence and leave the bagged donations in your room, just remember that the British Heart Foundation can’t accept duvets, pillows, broken or dirty items, knives, coat hangers, food, bikes or helmets.
We have also been made aware by the Library that there are still currently thousands of books on outstanding loans. Whilst the circumstances around closure of campus last term make this completely understandable, it’s really important these are returned as soon as possible. There will be a collection point in your residence for you to leave any library books you still have out on loan, site staff will be able to direct you to this. Please be assured there won’t be any fines for outstanding items.
Appointment booking links
- Central Village
- Charles Morris Hall
- Devonshire Hall
- Ellerslie Global Residence
- Grayson Heighs
- Henry Price Residences
- Lupton Residences
- Lyddon Hall
- Montague Burton
- North Hill Court
- Royal Park Flats
- Sentinel Towers
- Shared Houses
- St Marks Residence
If your residence is not on this list, then please contact the site directly about arranging an appointment to collect your belongings.
Using a packaging, shipping or storage company
We understand that a small number of students might want to recover their belongings sooner by using a packing / shipping service, but unfortunately, we will not be able to arrange those type of services on your behalf. That stated we are not adverse to you using those type of services, if you are prepared to book them yourself and here are some examples of companies that provide this type of service:
- Lovespace – shipping and storage
- PingLocker – packing, storage and shipping
- PACK & SEND – packing, storage and shipping
Please note - that we do not endorse the use of any one company over another and we strongly recommend that you research these and other service providers before making your own choice about which you would trust to employ.
If you are planning to arrange for a company to pack up your belongings for you, then please follow this process:
- Contact your residence via email using your University email address to let them know you plan to have your belongings packed and room cleared by a third-party company. Check with residence staff as to when there will be staff available to allow the company access to your room. (i.e. Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. – no time slots are to be given)
- Contact the company you plan to use and make all necessary payments/arrangements. The University will not be able to make arrangements or payments on your behalf
- Email your residence using your University email address to give your consent for them to have access to your bedroom by providing the following details:
- Your full name
- Your flat and room number
- The name of the company you have engaged to pack and remove your belongings
- The time and date of collection (agreed with the company you are using)
Please be aware that in line with current government guidelines, social distancing measures will be in place at all of our residences and access to rooms might take longer than might otherwise be normal.