Halls = No Hassle
Anyone can return to University halls - they're not just for freshers! Whether you're an international student, returning from a year abroad as part of your degree or just loved your time in halls we can offer you hassle-free place to call home.
There are some great benefits to returning to our halls:
- You can apply for any of our halls
- You'll receive WiFi, energy bills and even an Edge Club membership included in your rent
- There's only a £200 deposit and no credit checks or guarantor required
- We offer shorter contracts, so you won't have summer rent to pay
- You can choose the residence you want, or opt for a dedicated returner flat in CitySide, Sentinel Towers, Montague Burton and Lupton Residences. Please note there are no more rooms available in Central Village, Henry Price or CitySide.
- You can also choose if you want to just find a room for yourself, or live with a group of friends
- We have en-suite rooms available, most rooms with double beds
- We also have residences available with car parking, cycle storage, gyms and music practice rooms
We guarantee that you can return to University accommodation if you are an international undergraduate student (paying the full fees) and apply by the deadline. We may not always be able to offer your preferred accommodation.
Disabled students who feel that private housing would not meet their requirements are welcome to apply for accommodation.
How to apply
You can apply online from 9am Monday 25 November 2019. The Unipol recommended house hunting start date is Saturday 22 November, which the University fully supports.
You must apply before 5pm Friday 7 February 2020 at the latest.
The accommodation costs for 2020/21 are not likely to finalised until January 2020, however you can download provisional rents here. (It is anticipated that rents will increase by approximately 2.5%. Your contract will confirm the exact cost to you.)
We usually allocate rooms on a "first come, first served" basis, so the sooner you apply, the better. If demand is high, we may need to close applications for some, or all, residences before the deadline date.
If you are applying with a friend or as part of a group, please make sure that you all put each other's names on the application forms.
If you will be resitting exams over the summer, you must tell us as soon as you know.
If you are hoping to do a year abroad or year in industry but this has not yet been confirmed, you must tell us when you apply.
We may be able to offer you a short term contract if your course requires it. Please give full details on your application form. If you will only be in Leeds for:
- One semester - we will usually be able to house you with friends who are here for the full year
- Two terms and will leave to do a third term abroad - we will need to house you with other students who need the same length of contract
What happens next?
We aim to send you an offer of accommodation within three weeks of submitting your application.
Please ensure you check your emails regularly as we cannot be held responsible if you miss the deadline for accepting your offer. If you don't accept your contract and pay the required deposit within the timescale we won't be able to hold your room.