Clarence Dock Village
Modern city centre living
Run in partnership with Unite Students, Clarence Dock Village provides en suite accommodation located right on the banks of the River Aire and offers a scenic short walk to the city centre.
Find out more about living in the City Centre.
This residence has individual en suite rooms with junior double beds, organised into flats that are shared between five or six students. The residence also has its own common room to relax with friends in after a long day and a gym for your regular workouts. It’s just around the corner from Leeds Dock, a popular destination packed with stylish bars, cafes, and restaurants. For your essentials you’ll also find a mini supermarket on your doorstep.
There are regular buses that offer connections to the University campus from close by the residence. You’re also within easy reach of all local transport links, including Leeds railway station. There are additional charges for parking and spaces are limited. Parking is for permit holders only, to apply for a permit please download and complete the application form.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
“I was allocated a room in Clarence Dock Village. I was anxious at first but now I love it here. It’s really nice being out of the hustle and bustle of the city yet you’re only a 10-minute walk away from the centre of town. Living at this side of Leeds means I’ve had more of a chance to explore the city too. I like being able to walk by the river and the Dock area and see a different side to Leeds.”
Chiara Toffolo, BSc Biological Sciences
Outdoor social space
Common room and study space
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of Clarence Dock Village.
Clarence Dock Village also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- Fire blankets in kitchens throughout the building(s).
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
42 week contract *
£143 per week
£143 per week /
You can compare costs of residences
42 week contract*.
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
- Electricity, gas and water
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Off-peak sports and gym membership
- Basic contents insurance cover
All rooms include
- Bed and mattress
- Study table and chair
- Shelving and storage
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities
Providing independence and choice
Access guide to Clarence Dock Village