Modern postgraduate accommodation in the city centre
AVAILABLE 2018/19 ONLY. For further information about this residence for 2018/19 see below.
Run in partnership with UNITE, Sky Plaza is just a few minutes away from the heart of Leeds city centre, and a 10 minute walk from the southern end of campus. One of the tallest building in Leeds, this stylish accommodation is ideal for students looking to explore the city while living in a modern residence.
All rooms are en suite, with three quarter double beds, and kitchens shared between 2-5 people. This accommodation is available for students from all the universities in Leeds, so it’s a great chance to meet new people! Sky Plaza has lots of great opportunities for socialising, with a games room, a gym, lounge and study area for all residents, plus cosy kitchens with for you and your flatmates - when you apply through the University of Leeds, you’ll always be sharing with other University of Leeds students. Sky Plaza is right next door to The Plaza, and close to the First Direct Arena – handy for music lovers! It’s easily accessible by road, and just a short walk from the train and bus station, so perfect for exploring Leeds, and getting further afield too.
Study and common areas
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of The Sky Plaza.
The Sky Plaza also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- An installed sprinkler system from floors 11 – 34.
- A wet riser system to be used by the fire brigade in a situation where they want to use their fire hoses on any level of your building.
- Fire extinguishers and/or firefighting blankets throughout the building.
- A firefighting lift/elevator for use by fire fighters to assist them to get quick access to all building floors to put out a fire and help residents leave the building.
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
51 week contract
£155 per week
£155 per week /
You can compare costs of residences
51 week contract*.