Modern accommodation in the heart of a thriving student area
*** AVAILABLE 2022/23 ONLY *** Run in partnership with Unite Students, this en suite accommodation is situated in the Burley area, behind Sentinel Towers, just a short walk from the city centre and campus.
All rooms at The Tannery are en suite with junior double beds. You’ll share kitchen facilities with three to five others, which include a common area with sofas and a breakfast bar.
You’ll find great communal spaces here, with a common room complete with a flat screen TV and pool table. There’s a handy on site shop, as well as laundry and cycle storage facilities.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
“I chose to live in the Tannery because I thought it was quite spacious and bright. I really liked the en suites too and all the facilities were clean and quite modern. We also have a really cool common room here! The best thing about living in halls is the friends you make and being able to spend time with them! We’re like a little family in my flat.”
Emma Kendall, BSc Sustainability and Environmental Management
Laundry room on site
Shop on site
Common room with TV and DVD player
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of The Tannery.
The Tannery also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- A dry riser system to be used by the fire brigade in a situation where they want to use their fire hoses on any level of your building.
- Fire blankets in kitchens throughout the building(s).
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
43 week contract *
£0 per week
Not available 23/24
£0 - £0 per week /
£0 - £0 total
You can compare costs of residences
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
All rooms include
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities