We have a wide variety of accommodation
We have an impressive range of accommodation from modern, purpose-built apartments to converted mansions both on and off campus. You can choose from catered and self-catered accommodation. Find out more
Apply for accommodation
How do I apply for accommodation? When should I apply? What happens next? Find out more
Choosing a University is also about choosing a home.
At the University of Leeds we guarantee University accommodation for your first year (see our deadlines), and are dedicated to helping you find the accommodation that best suits you.
We also provide a wide range of support services to help you feel at home from day one.
Here are just some of the things we offer you:
- a choice of locations - on campus, close to the city centre, or further afield
- a wide variety of accommodation - from modern apartments to converted mansions
- a range of rents to suit different budgets
- a choice of catered or self-catered accommodation
- a large number of en suites for those wanting private facilities, or shared bathrooms for those wanting to keep costs down
- clear pricing, making it easy to budget - no hidden extras to pay
- membership to the University's flagship sports centre, The Edge
- 24-hour internet access at no extra cost
- insurance for your personal possessions included in your rent
- additional facilities at many sites - common rooms, TVs, pool tables, bars, some even have their own gym
- a Residence Watch scheme covering University managed accommodation
- a University security service on call 24.7
- an efficient, responsive maintenance service
- social and sporting activities organised by students, for students
- advice and support from experienced wardens and resident subwardens
- good customer care - we are a founder member of the ANUK National Code of Standards, which is a quality guide for student accommodation and fully approved by the National Union of Students (NUS)
We guarantee you an offer of a place in our accommodation for the year if you are:
- a first year undergraduate (who is not coming to Leeds through Clearing)
- an international undergraduate (i.e. you pay fees at the international rate). You are guaranteed a place in our accommodation until you finish your course, provided you apply by the stated deadlines (usually March).
- an undergraduate exchange student
- an international postgraduate student (i.e. you pay fees at the international rate) and you are new to Leeds
But you have to apply by the deadlines
Catered or Self-Catered?
In our catered accommodation your meals are provided for you, in our self-catering accommodation you share a kitchen and cook for yourself. The choice is yours!
On-site help and advice
Each residence has a warden to help you with any problems, and there are also subwardens who live on site. Which means that there's someone there 24 hours a day during term time in case of emergencies.
Prospective Students information
- Accommodation Overview
- Apply for Accommodation
- Costs 2013/14
- International Students
- Private Housing
- Useful links
- Welfare & Support