Accommodation - University of Leeds

Private Housing


If you are considering private accommodation in Leeds you will find a wide range of accommodation on offer.

To help you navigate your way, we have highlighted some of the key agencies below who will be able to help you

We strongly recommend you start your house-hunting search with Unipol, a registered charity that works closely with the University to help students and staff to find suitable accommodation. They own and manage their own properties as well as advertising for other owners within Leeds. On their website you can see which properties are available, as well as find advice and support to help you find a suitable home. They organise a number of 'House Hunting Mixing Days' throughout the year, to enable you to meet other students looking for accommodation and help get you started with house-hunting. They also have student-to-student message boards, on which you can tell people what you are looking for, and read adverts from people wanting to fill a vacancy in their house/flat, for example.

Unipol run a Code of Standards scheme for their landlords to join. It is advisable that you choose a landlord who has signed up to the Code, as this will give you some extra protection if a dispute occurs. In such cases Unipol can mediate between tenants and landlords.

In conjunction with students and landlords, Unipol have developed a 'model tenancy' as they are aware that tenancy agreements can be complicated to understand. This has been developed to provide guidance and information on what various terms mean.

National code be assured

  1. Unipol
  2. Leeds University Union