Accommodation - University of Leeds

Returning next year

General Information

Applications for returning students have now closed.

We aim to let accepted applicants know about their accommodation in the next two weeks.

Applications for returning students to University of Leeds accommodation open at 9am on Monday 23rd January 2017. The deadline for applying is 4pm on Friday 24th March 2017 and we will not be able to consider applications submitted after this date.

Please make sure that you read all the information here before submitting your application.

Who can apply

You can apply for accommodation if you are:

  • an international undergraduate (i.e. you pay tuition fees at the international rate)
  • a disabled student for whom private accommodation will not be suitable
  • a student who will only be in Leeds for part of the year because you are studying abroad for a term or a semester
  • a student who is currently studying abroad

If you are not in one of the categories above, please read the information below about finding alternative accommodation.

Your application

You can apply for accommodation online through the Accommodation Portal and should follow the link towards the bottom right of the page which is for current students. You can use your normal University log in to access the Accommodation Portal.

You can select your preferred residence and room type but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to offer you your preference. We anticipate that some residences e.g. Central Village and CitySide, will be oversubscribed and so, to ensure that we have sufficient spaces available for new students, we may need to offer you an alternative. Applications will be handled on a first come first served basis.

Please note that because there are only a limited number of places available for returning students, you may be allocated to accommodation with new first year students.

When will I hear about my accommodation?

We will not be sending out any contracts for accommodation until mid-March so if you need to have your room confirmed before then, we would recommend that you apply for private accommodation.

Private accommodation

We strongly recommend you start your house-hunting search with Unipol, a registered charity that works closely with the University to help students and staff to find suitable accommodation. They own and manage their own properties as well as advertising for other owners within Leeds. On their website you can see which properties are available, as well as find advice and support to help you find a suitable home.

Unipol run a Code of Standards scheme for their landlords to join. It is advisable that you choose a landlord who has signed up to the Code, as this will give you some extra protection if a dispute occurs. In such cases Unipol can mediate between tenants and landlords. 

James Baillie Park common room

  1. General Information
  2. Provisional Costs 2017/18
  3. Contracts