Swap with another student

You may be able to find another student who will exchange (swap) accommodation with you.


Be aware of these rules:

  • You can usually only swap with someone of the same gender.
  • It does not count as a swap if one of you is withdrawing from the University or leaving University accommodation.
  • Undergraduates are not able to swap with postgraduates.

Finding a swap

Our swaps noticeboard in the foyer of the Student Services Centre (in the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building) could help you. Check the adverts on the board to see if there's another student you can swap with.

Advertise your room on the noticeboard by filling in a Swaps Notice Form, available from the Student Services Centre. Explain where you live now and where you would like to move to. Students interested in swapping with you will contact you by phone or email.

Notices are displayed for 1 month only. If you want to continue advertising your room after a month, you will need to complete another form.

Arranging the swap

Once you have found a match you must both come to the Student Services Centre with your accommodation contracts so that we can approve the swap and complete the necessary paperwork.

Students who move or swap rooms will each be charged a £50 administration fee, which will be added to your residence account.