Making changes

We know how important it is to be happy about where you live. We may be able to help you to solve a problem or change your accommodation.

Read End of your contract if you want to know about leaving your accommodation in the normal timescale (not early).

Talk to your warden

If something in particular is affecting or upsetting you, speak to the warden in your residence. They will do everything they can to help sort out the problem. All wardens hold advisory sessions during term time. Find out about the advisory session in your residence.

Changing your accommodation

After the start of term, we will be able to confirm if we have any room vacancies and get them ready for moves. This can take several weeks but once ready, you can apply to transfer to a vacant room. We may also be able to match your preferences with another student who wishes to move. If so, you can arrange a room swap.

You will be charged a £50 administration fee.

We can't usually release you from your contract unless a replacement is found if you:

  • want to move into private accommodation or
  • decide to move back home and commute to University


If you are happy or unhappy with any aspect of our accommodation, please let us know. We welcome both positive and negative feedback from our residents to help improve things for the future.

You can give us your feedback at your Residence Office, or you can fill in our online comments and complaints form

If you want to report a fault, please don't use the complaints form. Please visit, email or phone your Residence Office.