Accommodation for staff

How we can help

University of Leeds accommodation for staff

If you are a new member of staff at the University or a visiting academic, then the Accommodation Office may be able to help you find temporary accommodation.

The University of Leeds has a selection of property that is available to rent on a temporary basis* which might just suit your needs.We are able to offer one or two bedroom self-contained flats. 

If you are interested in renting staff accommodation, please fill out the online application form. Please be aware that due to the limited number of properties, it is not always possible to find a suitable vacancy and we are unable to guarantee that you will be allocated a property.

For visits shorter than three weeks, the University has on campus accommodation at Storm Jameson Court which you can book here. If you wish to pay using a University account code, please contact the Conference and Events team at for details.

If you prefer to find permanent accommodation within the private sector then take a look at the links below which include all the information you need to get started, including house hunting tips, local and national websites to search and a list of NAEA & ARLA affiliated local estate agents.

Private sector

Spare Room

Find rooms/properties to rent, or advertise that you are looking for a room. Website:


Search for property sales and rentals anywhere in the UK. Website:

Right Move

One of the UK’s prime search engines for finding properties to buy or rent. They also have several handy guides to house searching in the UK:


Airbnb is an online marketplace and hospitality service, enabling people to lease or rent short-term lodging including vacation rentals, apartment rentals, homestays, hostel beds, or hotel rooms:

On the Market

Search for properties both for sale and rent using their online portal:

Useful links

Re-locate - University of Leeds

Here you can find all of the information you need about working for one of the world’s most successful international universities.

If you are considering relocating to Leeds, whether nationally or internationally, this site aims to help you decide if this city is the right place for you and your family to live and work.

If you decide to join us, this site has lots of practical information and support to help make your move as easy as possible.


Citizens Advice Bureau 

The Citizens Advice Bureau provides free, confidential and independent advice from over 3,000 locations on debt, benefits, housing, legal, discrimination, employment, immigration, consumer and other problems. Website:

Tenancy Deposit Protection

In England a Wales, if you pay a deposit to a private landlord or accommodation agency, your landlord must place it in a tenancy deposit protection scheme. This means you can be sure that you will get your deposit back at the end of the tenancy, as long as you are entitled to it. The scheme also provides a service to sort out any disagreements about the deposit between you and your landlord, without going to court. Website:

*NB The minimum contract length is three weeks and the maximum stay is 3 months.