Sociable residence in the heart of a popular student area
Located in the middle of the popular student area Headingley, Lupton is conveniently placed and perfect for anyone looking for a sociable halls experience.
Find out more about living in Headingley.
As one of our lower-cost residences, Lupton offers excellent value for money. The student village is made up of 15 blocks, most with nine flats over three floors. All rooms have single beds and shared bathroom facilities.
Lupton is a hive of activity in the warmer months, you'll often find students gathering around the BBQ area and making the most of the landscaped grounds. The local supermarket is just around the corner from Lupton, where you'll also find regular bus services to and from the campus and the city, running until 3am. There is limited parking at the residence for permit holders only. To request a permit, fill out the parking permit application form.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
Like a number of other universities across the UK, we are supporting some of those affected by the conflict in Ukraine. We’re proud that we are helping a small number of Ukrainian nationals by providing them with accommodation in a single block reserved for their exclusive use at Lupton Residences.
“Lupton is a great hall. It’s cheap and cheerful with plenty of people to meet and loads of facilities. It’s really sociable and there is a great sense of community here too. My room comes with a huge desk which is handy when it comes to having the space to study and organise my work.”
Lee Bircham, BSc Interdisciplinary Science foundation year
Laundry room on site
Large grounds with BBQ area
Music practice room
Car parking (Limited spaces)
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of Lupton Residence.
Lupton Residence also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- Fire extinguishers and firefighting blankets in kitchens throughout the building(s).
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
42 week contract *
£105 per week
£105 per week /
You can compare costs of residences
42 week contract*.
Bathroom shared with 4 other people
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
- Electricity, gas and water
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Off-peak sports and gym membership
- Basic contents insurance cover
All rooms include
- Bed and mattress
- Study table and chair
- Shelving and storage
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities
Providing independence and choice
Access guides for: Lupton Residences