North Hill Court
Spacious flats in a large Edwardian building
North Hill Court is ideally located halfway between the University campus and the popular student suburb of Headingley, overlooking Meanwood Valley.
Find out more about living in Headingley.
This residence offers low-cost accommodation with shared bathroom facilities and a range of room sizes. The large Edwardian building is divided into 18 spacious flats, typically shared between four to six students, with most rooms larger than average in size and some with a balcony.
North Hill Court is one of our quieter residences, ideal for studying, but students who live here can use the common room at James Baillie Park, the larger student residence just next door. There are laundry facilities and cycle storage on site.
It takes less than 20 minutes to walk to campus, or there's a frequent bus service running until 3am to and from campus and the city centre.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
“North Hill is home to a great mix of people – there are mature students like me, students who have just left home for the first time and international students too. It is smaller and quieter than some of the other halls, but it offers large rooms for great value and living here means that I get to see more of the city because I’m not just spending all my time on campus.”
Liam Kelly, LLB Law
Laundry room on site
Pool table and games machine at James Baillie Park
Use of common room at James Baillie Park
Limited parking available
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of North Hill Court.
North Hill Court also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- Fire extinguishers and firefighting blankets in kitchens throughout the building(s).
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
42 week contract *
£101 - £129 per week
£101 - £129 per week /
£3,939 - £5,418 total
You can compare costs of residences
42 week contract*.
with 3-5 other people
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
- Electricity, gas and water
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Off-peak sports and gym membership
- Basic contents insurance cover
All rooms include
- Bed and mattress
- Study table and chair
- Shelving and storage
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities
Providing independence and choice
Access guide for North Hill Court