A strong community feel, close to campus
This residence has a strong community feel and is a student village complex which sits within the surrounding campus area of Leeds, walking distance from the city centre.
Find out more about living in the Campus Area and City Centre.
Montague Burton offers comfortable yet affordable accommodation with shared bathroom facilities. Rooms are slightly larger than average and have their own washbasin and are typically grouped into flats of four or nine. Our nine-bedroom flats are equipped with a kitchen, dining room, lounge, three showers and three toilets. The four-bedroom flats in the residence all have a kitchen, dining room/lounge, one shower and toilet shared between residents. Some quiet blocks are available.
Montague Burton also has a common room offering pool table, air hockey table, gym equipment, big screen TV and communal spaces to relax and socialise. There is also a large covered barbecue and picnic area, which is popular in the summer months. Cycle storage is available on site, along with parking, available at an additional charge. Spaces are limited to permit holders only. To apply for a permit please download and complete the application form.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
“Montague Burton is a beautiful site, with most bedrooms looking inwards towards the trees and grassy areas, perfect for lazing around on when the sunshine comes out. We even have a barbeque area that you can hire out for your friends which is very popular too. It turns into a wonderful little community that’s only five minutes from campus.”
Rosie Clare, MBChB Medicine and Surgery
Washer/Dryer in kitchen
Large BBQ area
Gym on site
Common room with TV
Limited parking available
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of Montague Burton Residence.
Montague Burton Residence also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- Fire extinguishers and firefighting blankets in kitchens throughout the building(s).
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
42 week contract *
£136 per week
£136 per week /
You can compare costs of residences
42 week contract*.
shared with 2-4 other people | Kitchen shared with 3-9 other people.
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
- Electricity, gas and water
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Off-peak sports and gym membership
- Basic contents insurance cover
All rooms include
- Bed and mattress
- Study table and chair
- Shelving and storage
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities
Providing independence and choice
Access guide to Montague Burton Residences