Right on the University's doorstep
Run in partnership with Downing Students, CitySide offers purpose-built student flats right on the edge of campus in the city centre, giving easy access to both the University and local amenities.
Find out more about living in the City Centre.
All accommodation is en suite, with some premium (slightly larger) rooms. Five or six rooms share a communal kitchen, dining and living area – an ideal space to socialise with your flatmates.
There’s an on-site gym and a large, state-of-the-art common room which provides an open space for you to watch TV, meet fellow residents, play games, listen to music, or just relax after lectures. High-speed broadband can be accessed throughout the building and laundry and cycle storage facilities are available on site.
Some building works are currently taking place on land opposite CitySide, so there may be some noise from construction traffic to this site.
Where building works have taken place previously, most of our students have not found this noise an inconvenience but, if you are somebody who is particularly sensitive to noise, you may prefer to consider another residence.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
“Being a new building, CitySide’s facilities are modern, with an on-site laundrette, games room, study room and a small blackout room/cinema area. With the mini-supermarket right next door, I’ve found it incredibly convenient and easy to live comfortably day to day, with most things I need on my doorstep.”
Will Faust, MEng, BEng Mechanical Engineering
Laundry room in Block A
Pool table and table football
Common room with TV
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of CitySide.
CitySide also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats, and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings, and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- An installed sprinkler system in the residential accommodation
- A dry riser system to be used by the fire brigade in a situation where they want to use their fire hoses on any level of your building.
- A firefighting lift/elevator for use by fire fighters to assist them to get quick access to all building floors to put out a fire and help residents leave the building
- Fire extinguishers and/or firefighting blankets throughout the building(s).
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
43 week contract *
£179 - £185 per week
£179 - £185 per week /
£7,709 - £7,938 total
You can compare costs of residences
43 week contract*.
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
All rooms include
- Bed and mattress
- Study table and chair
- Shelving and storage
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities