Modern accommodation in the west of the city
Sentinel Towers offers en suite accommodation just a short walk from the city centre’s shops and bars. Just to the west of campus, it is ideally located for medical, dental, and business students.
It’s also close to the shops, bars restaurants and leisure complex in Burley Park. Find out more about living in the Burley Area.
Sentinel Towers is one of our quieter student residences but still has a sociable atmosphere. You’ll share kitchen facilities with four to eight others. All rooms are en suite, some with double beds. There are communal areas for socialising, both indoor and out, which include a common room with a TV, pool table and table tennis. You also have access to on site laundry and cycle storage facilities. There’s an on-site shop for essentials close by next to The Tannery residences across the road.
A bus service runs from right outside the residence, to and from campus. You’ve got easy access to the motorway network and Leeds railway station too. Parking is available but additional charges apply and spaces are limited to permit holders only. To request a permit, fill out the parking permit application form.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
“Sentinel Towers is in a great location – it’s about a 15-minute walk to the University campus and as it’s situated at the end of The Headrow, which is one of the main streets in Leeds, I can walk into the town within ten minutes too. I am very happy here and really enjoy living in halls. I have great flatmates and my room is spacious with an en suite and double bed.”
Matteo Paparoni, BA International Business
Laundry room on site
Shop on site
Common room with TV and comfy seating area
Car parking (Limited spaces)
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
A small amount of cladding at the very top of the Sentinel Towers building was replaced in 2018 with non-combustible cladding.
Because of the comprehensive fire safety features that have been incorporated in the design of your accommodation at the Sentinel Towers, we are assured by the Fire and Rescue Service that Sentinel Towers is safe a safe building.
Sentinel Towers has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- A dry riser system to be used by the fire brigade in a situation where they want to use their fire hoses on any level of your building.
- A firefighting lift/elevator for use by fire fighters to assist them to get quick access to all building floors to put out a fire and help residents leave the building.
- Fire extinguishers and/or firefighting blankets throughout the building.
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
Should you have any further queries, please contact the University’s Accommodation Office on 0113 343 7777, or by emailing email@example.com, and we will ensure your query is directed to the appropriate individuals
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
42/51 week contract *
£146 - £152 per week
en suite (pg)
£146 - £152 per week /
£7,446 - £7,752 total
en suite (ug)
£146 - £152 per week /
£6,132 - £6,384 total
You can compare costs of residences
en suite (pg)
51 week contract*.
Self catered en suite (ug) : 42 week contract*.
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
All rooms include
- Bed and mattress
- Study table and chair
- Shelving and storage
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities
Providing independence and choice
Access guide to Sentinel Towers