St Marks Residence
New and convenient accommodation for postgraduate students
Our dedicated postgraduate residence offers a “home from home” experience close to the University campus and Hyde Park.
All rooms at the property are en suite and within your flat you’ll share a well-equipped kitchen with a washing machine and communal space between four to six residents.
St Marks has its own personal fitness zone, as well as a business centre for working and printing and a communal area with table tennis, a pool table and a TV. You’ll share kitchen facilities with three to five others which include a common area with sofas and a breakfast bar. All rooms are en suite with junior double beds for relaxing and socialising in your down time. The site also has great outdoor spaces to enjoy in the summer months.
You’re just over the road from the Engineering departments and a short walk from the shops, pubs, and cafes at Hyde Park Corner. The city centre is a 15-minute walk away. There are cycle storage facilities on site and great transport connections with several bus services running from just up the street.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
Washing machine in kitchen
Fitness equipment on site
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of St. Mark’s Residence.
St. Mark’s Residence also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- Fire extinguishers and/or firefighting blankets in kitchens throughout the building(s).
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
51 week contract *
£167 - £173 per week
£167 - £173 per week /
£8,812 - £8,496 total
You can compare costs of residences
51 week contract*.
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
All rooms include
- Bed and mattress
- Study table and chair
- Shelving and storage
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities
Providing independence and choice
Access guide for St Marks Residences