A short walk from the city and The Edge sports facility
Central Village is a cluster of buildings offering spacious en suite accommodation, located on the University’s doorstep in the city centre.
Find out more about living in the City Centre.
Rooms are light and modern en suites, with junior double or double beds. Five or six rooms share a large open kitchen, dining and living space, with comfy seating and a TV – perfect for socialising with your flatmates and friends. Single occupancy studio flats are also available, which are en suites with fitted kitchens and lounge areas. Some studio flats are available for couples or two friends sharing the same sleeping area.
The common room is equipped with a table tennis and pool table and a wide screen TV, and residents have access to the nearby gym facilities. The reception desk is staffed 24 hours a day and there are also laundry facilities and cycle storage on site, with a Tesco supermarket conveniently located on your doorstep.
Read more about what you can expect to find in your room and flat.
Please be aware that from October 2023 there will only be one lift available in Central Village Block D for six months as we carry out essential maintenance works on the lifts. This may result in slightly longer waiting times for the lift and some noise disruption on weekdays 9am - 5pm. If you have any concerns about this and have already submitted your accommodation application, please get in touch with the Accommodation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) either now or once you receive your offer.
“I love to be around others and the communal space in the flat makes it really easy to have people around to socialise. The rooms here are a great size with lots of storage space and having sofas and a TV in the communal spaces makes you feel right at home. There are so many people in each block too which means it’s really easy to just nip over to a friend’s flat without even leaving the building.”
Dana Roberts, BSc Psychology
Laundry room on site
Tesco shop on site
Gym on site
Table tennis and pool
Common room with wide screen TV
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding has not been used in the construction of Central Village.
Central Village also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- An installed sprinkler system.
- A dry riser system to be used by the fire brigade in a situation where they want to use their fire hoses on any level of your building.(in blocks A, B and C)
- A wet riser system to be used by the fire brigade in a situation where they want to use their fire hoses on any level of your building. (in block D)
- Fire extinguishers and/or firefighting blankets throughout the building.
- A firefighting lift/elevator for use by fire fighters to assist them to get quick access to all building floors to put out a fire and help residents leave the building.(in block D)
- The reception area at Central Village is staffed 24/7 by a team who monitor and will investigate any and all fire alarm activations as and when they happen. In the event of a fire they will assist residents to evacuate the building and direct emergency services to the location of the fire
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
Great Food at Leeds
Great Food at Leeds (GFaL) is the University of Leeds catering service on campus, providing students with quality, fresh food at competitive prices. There are GFaL outlets located across campus for your convenience, so whether you’re looking for a coffee to takeaway or you fancy sitting down to a hot meal, there are plenty of options.
Food Bundles are available to all students living in University of Leeds accommodation and allow you to pre-load credit for meals in advance, to spend at any Great Food at Leeds operated cafés on campus.
• The bigger the bundle, the better the value, get up to 25% EXTRA FREE food and drink credit!
• Flexibility to use credits at any Great Food at Leeds operated café and the Refectory, anytime
• Enjoy a wide-range of delicious dishes and freshly made sandwiches, salads and snacks each day
• Powered by the Great Food at Leeds Club App, making it easy to pay for food and drink on campus
En-suite, Studio, Studio share
43 week contract *
£178 - £182 per week
£238 per week /
£208 per week /
£178 - £182 per week /
£7,634 - £7,808 total
You can compare costs of residences
43 week contract*.
suitable for couples or two friends who want to share, however please note that you would share the same sleeping area and do not have 2 separate bedrooms
Self catered studio : 43 week contract*.
Self catered en suite : 43 week contract*. Kitchen shared with 4 or 5 other people
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Your rent includes
All rooms include
- Access to a shared kitchen
- Read more in furniture and facilities
Providing independence and choice
Access guide to Central Village