A short walk from the city and The Edge sports facility
This new development close to the city centre offers en suite accommodation with 24-hour reception. Central Village is a cluster of new buildings. It’s a perfect location right on the University’s doorstep, only a few minutes’ walk to the gym and pool on campus and the popular pubs of Woodhouse Lane.
Rooms are light and modern, with junior double or double beds. All are en suite. Five or six rooms share a large open kitchen, dining and living space, with comfy seating and a TV – great for get-togethers. Single occupancy studio flats are also available – en suite and with fitted kitchen and great lounge area. There are some studio flats for couples or two friends sharing the same sleeping area.
There’s a common room, with table tennis table, pool table and wide screen TV. There’s also a Tesco shop on site, laundry facilities and cycle storage. For your security and peace of mind the reception desk is staffed 24 hours a day.
Free IPTV service
High speed wi-fi
Laundry room on site
Tesco shop on site
Gym on site
Table tennis and pool
Common room with wide screen TV
Contents insurance included in your rent
Security service on call 24/7
Efficient, responsive building maintenance
Secure cycle storage
The University has tested samples of Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding where it has been used on our residential buildings and we can advise you that no ACM cladding has been used in the construction of Central Village.
Central Village also has many features that enable the safe evacuation of individuals, including a fire detection and alarm system that exceeds legislative requirements. The automatic L (Life) type alarm system ensures that all areas of your residence are covered by detection, including bedrooms, kitchens, plant rooms, and communal areas. Other fire safety systems installed for your protection include:
- Fire containment between rooms, flats and areas within buildings. Walls, ceilings and door sets are designed to resist and prevent the spread of fire long enough for you to safely escape the building.
- An installed sprinkler system.
- A dry riser system to be used by the fire brigade in a situation where they want to use their fire hoses on any level of your building.(in blocks A, B and C)
- A wet riser system to be used by the fire brigade in a situation where they want to use their fire hoses on any level of your building. (in block D)
- Fire extinguishers and/or firefighting blankets throughout the building.
- A firefighting lift/elevator for use by fire fighters to assist them to get quick access to all building floors to put out a fire and help residents leave the building.(in block D)
In addition, we operate a system where local staff and fire wardens are trained to undertake proactive and reactive fire safety duties, which include building inspections and routine fire safety checks.
En-suite, Studio, Studio share
43 week contract *
£134 - £140 per week
Shared studio apartment
£186 per week /
£163 per week /
En suite rooms
£134 - £140 per week /
£5,762 - £6,020 total
You can compare costs of residences
Shared studio apartment
suitable for couples or two friends who want to share, however please note that you would share the same sleeping area and do not have 2 separate bedrooms
En suite rooms : Kitchen shared with 4 or 5 other people
* Due to refurbishment or vacation lettings some blocks may open later or close
earlier than others and as a result, some contracts may be slightly shorter.
Providing independence and choice
Access guide to Central Village
Location, essentials and travel
Dana Roberts, BSc Psychology
“ I love to be around others and the communal space in the flat makes it really easy to have people around to socialise. The rooms here are a great size with lots of storage space, and having sofas and a TV in the communal spaces makes you feel right at home. There are so many people in each block too which means it’s really easy to just nip over to a friend’s flat without even leaving the building.”