Additional requirements

Additional requirements

Does a disability, medical condition, dietary requirement or other factor affect the accommodation, facilities or furniture you need? Tell us about your needs. We want to help.

Whatever your needs, we want to know about them. Maybe you’re over 6ft 6 inches tall and need an extra-long bed, or don’t want to be in the same hall as someone you know. Please give us full details in your application for accommodation.

On the accommodation application form, answer “yes” to the question asking if you have any medical requirements. Provide as much information as you can in the free text box after it. Alternatively, you can write to us or email Accommodation Services.

If you have a disability or a medical condition, you may also need to complete the additional requirements section on the application form. You can find out more on how we can help you with your accommodation in the next section.

Dietary requirements

Make sure you tell us about any dietary requirements in your application for accommodation.

Our catered residences provide vegetarian food and we will try to cater for people with special diets for medical reasons (e.g. diabetes). We need to discuss food allergies with the catering manager, on a case by case basis to see if we can cater for you.

Unfortunately, we can't cater for individual likes or dislikes. If you are very specific about the kind of food you want to eat, self-catering accommodation may suit you better.

If you eat a kosher, vegan, or halal diet, self-catering accommodation may suit you better. Kosher meals are available on campus at Hillel House, a non-residential Jewish Student Centre. The cafeteria here serves meals throughout the day and evening, as well as Friday night Shabbat and festival dinners.

We understand that some students may have specific dietary requirements and may request to live with students who adhere to the same diet. If you have such a requirement, please let us know by selecting the relevant option when you apply. However, please note this is a request and not a guarantee. In many cases we will allocate you with a minimum of one other person who adheres to the same diet as you. If you suffer from food allergies, please record this information in the relevant medical section of the application form. 

Do get in touch if you:

  • have any queries
  • would like a paper copy of this form
  • prefer to discuss your needs before applying.

Email Accommodation Services or phone us on +44 (0)113 343 7777

The University has a range of adapted accommodation. We will also make other adaptations where we can. We will work closely with you and your occupational therapist, physiotherapist or similar.

The University’s Disability Team works with us in Accommodation Services. They also advise and support students:

Disability Services
Chemistry West Block
University of Leeds 

Telephone: 0113 343 3927 
Minicom: 0113 343 2616 
Website: Disability Services
Calls from RNID Typetalk are welcome

Please note; when you provide your access information to the Accommodation Office, this is only used for our purpose and does not automatically get passed on to the other parts of the university.  If your disability is likely have an impact on your studies, and you may require additional support or reasonable adjustments including exam arrangements, please contact Disability Services to discuss this

You can contact Disability Services directly by emailing, by telephoning 0113 343 3927 or by coming in to chat with someone at their front desk.  Disability Services are based on the ground floor of the Chemistry West building.