Unipol can help you find a place for your family, either with a University property or with a private letting in the city.
Unipol, a registered charity dealing with student accommodation, owns some of our properties.
The University of Leeds has exclusive access (100% nomination rights) to a number of its family accommodation, but your contract is with Unipol not the University.
Visit the Unipol website for information on house hunting in Leeds, costs, contracts and deposits. You can also join the family list and register your details.
- modern purpose-built accommodation
- conveniently located close to a large supermarket, a leisure centre and several schools
- on a direct bus route to campus and the city centre
- each two-bedroom flat consists of a large and a smaller bedroom, a living room and kitchen, bathroom and separate WC
- living rooms as well as bedrooms have internet connection
Holborn Terrace and Shay Street
- maisonettes with three bedrooms (1 double, 2 singles - but Unipol can put in an extra bed for larger families), a lounge, bathroom, separate toilet and kitchen
- only 5 minutes' walk away from the University
- car parking available, free of charge
Mount Preston Street and Woodsley Terrace
- located on the University campus
- flats with two bedrooms (1 double, 1 single), a lounge, bathroom and kitchen
- 8 flats available for couples, 24 flats for small families
- fully furnished with gas central heating, smoke alarms, shower and bath
Cardigan Road Flats
- 3 bedrooms in each flat: one double and two singles
- spacious open plan kitchen/living area and bathroom
- local schools nearby
- 20-minute walk from the University campus
- on a frequent bus route
Most Unipol properties are refurbished flats that are comfortable and cheap to run.
Unipol also have a few houses with four bedrooms suitable for large families, but these are in very short supply. If you have a large family (4 children or above) contact Unipol before you come to Leeds to see if one is becoming available. Rents vary depending on the location and size of the property.
You have to pay for water, gas and electricity. You will need to open an account with the suppliers of these services yourself.
Your contract with Unipol will run for one year and can be renewed until you finish your course or leave the University (provided you continue to pay your rent).
Contract start and deposit
- come and view the property before you sign your contract
- pay a deposit of £300 plus one month's rent in advance. If your tenancy begins mid-month, you pay just the remainder of the month's rent.