Special requirements

Does a disability, medical condition, dietary requirement or other factor affect the accommodation, facilities or furniture you need? Tell us about your needs. We want to help.

Whatever your needs, we want to know about them. Maybe you’re over 6ft 6 inches tall and need an extra-long bed, or don’t want to be in the same hall as someone you know. Please give us full details in your application for accommodation.

On the accommodation application form, answer “yes” to the question asking if you have any medical requirements. Provide as much information as you can in the free text box after it. Alternatively, you can write to us or email Accommodation Services.

If you have a disability or a medical condition, please also complete the Additional Requirements form. You can find out additional information on how we can help you with your accommodation in the Your needs section.

Dietary requirements

Make sure you tell us about any dietary requirements in your application for accommodation.

Our catered residences provide vegetarian food and we will try to cater for people with special diets for medical reasons (e.g. diabetes) and those who avoid certain meats on religious grounds. We need to discuss food allergies with the catering manager, on a case by case basis to see if we can cater for you.

Unfortunately, we can't cater for individual likes or dislikes. If you are very specific about the kind of food you want to eat, self-catering accommodation may suit you better.

If you eat a kosher, vegan, or halal diet, self-catering accommodation may suit you better. Tell us on your accommodation application form that you would like to live with other students on a similar diet and we will try to place you together. Kosher meals are available on campus at Hillel House, a non-residential Jewish Student Centre. The cafeteria here serves meals throughout the day and evening, as well as Friday night Shabbat and festival dinners.