Postgraduate applicants

We have some accommodation specifically for postgraduate students.

Although we cannot guarantee University accommodation for all postgraduates if you still want to apply for a room, we will do our best to assist you.

You can log in to and complete the application form via our Accommodation Portal. To access the Accommodation Portal for the first time, you will need to set a password using the 'Create Account' option. You will then receive an email with a link to create a new password. Once you have created a new password, you should log in with your email and your password.

International postgraduates

We guarantee to make you an offer of University arranged accommodation if you are an international postgraduate (paying tuition fees at the international rate) and are:

  • new to Leeds
  • require single accommodation. 

You also need to apply by the deadlines.

UK postgraduates

We do not guarantee University accommodation to UK postgraduates, but we will assist you if we can.

If you would like some help with accommodation, please get in touch. Alternatively there is plenty of good quality private housing available in Leeds. Read Private accommodation.


If you are coming to Leeds with your partner or children, we have some family accommodation close to the University but places are limited. Read Family accommodation.

Disclosing a medical condition or disability?

If you need any assistance or have specific requirements for your accommodation then we want to help. Our additional requirements page has information about how we can make our accommodation work for you.

University accommodation

Our high-quality accommodation is close to the University and Leeds city centre. It ranges from modern purpose-built apartments to Victorian houses and offers:

  • flexible payment methods
  • rents that include energy charges, internet access and off-peak membership of The Edge sports facility
  • a 24-hour security service
  • insurance cover for your personal possessions (terms and conditions apply)
  • help and support from Residence Life Wardens and Residence Life Assistants