Returning next year

Please note: Applications for returning to University accommodation are now closed. If you applied by the deadline, you can expect to hear from us with an update by Mid-February.

Each year we have a limited number of rooms that we are able to offer to students who wish to return to University accommodation. 

If you are an international undergraduate student (paying the full fees) and apply by 31 January 2024, we guarantee you an offer of University accommodation. UK undergraduate returning students are welcome to apply, but we cannot guarantee that we will have enough rooms available to make you an offer of accommodation. If you apply and we are unable to offer you a room, we will let you know your application has been unsuccessful as soon as we are able to. 

Unfortunately, we are not able to accept any applications from returning postgraduate students.

Please be aware that we only have a fixed number of rooms available for returning students, and that these are very limited in our most popular halls – Carlton Hill, Charles Morris, CitySide, Central Village and White Rose View.  

We welcome applications from disabled students who feel that private housing would not meet their requirements. To help us process your application please include some supporting information such as a doctor’s letter. 

How to apply 

You can apply online from 9am Monday 20 November 2023

All applications should be submitted online via the Accommodation Portal. To access the accommodation portal for the first time, you will need to set a password using the 'Create Account' option. You will then receive an email with a link to create a new password. Once you have created a new password, you should log in with your email and your password.

The accommodation costs for 2024/25 have not yet been finalised but you can see this year’s rents here. The rent quoted on your contract when it is sent to you will be the rent that you pay, so please check this carefully.

Some residences are more popular than others and if demand is high, we may need to close applications for some, or all, residences earlier

If you are applying with a friend or as part of a group, please make sure that you all put each other’s names on the application forms. 

If you will be resitting exams over the summer, you must tell us as soon as you know. 

If you are hoping to do a year abroad or year in industry but this has not yet been confirmed, you must tell us when you apply. 

We may be able to offer you a short-term contract if your course requires it. Please give full details on your application form. If you will only be in Leeds for: 

  • one semester - we will usually be able to house you with friends who are here for the full year 
  • two terms and will leave to do a third term abroad - we will need to house you with other students who need the same length contract. 

What happens next? 

We aim to send you an offer of accommodation after we close applications on 31 January - so expect to hear from us soon. 

When you receive your accommodation contract, you will need to accept it and pay £200 deposit within 4 days which you can pay online. 

Please ensure that you check your emails regularly as we cannot be held responsible if you miss the deadline for accepting your offer. If you don't accept your contract and pay the required deposit within the timescale we won't be able to hold your room. 

If you’ve chosen not to apply for a room in University allocated accommodation or if we’ve not been able to offer you a room, don’t panic. There’s lots of other good quality student accommodation available in Leeds – both in purpose built larger residences and in shared housing. We recommend that you search for housing via Unipol